This month’s Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is about the one-time use phenomenon. Katy Rose of Modly Chic talked about reading a number of posts lately about only wearing something once and how many bloggers are accused of this, so she decided to make it this month’s topic.
1. Are you a one-time wearer?
Nope. I can’t afford to be! Plus when you buy something you love, you definitely want to wear it more than once!
2. Do you feel the need to purchase something new for an evening out or a special event?
Not necessarily. It’s always nice to purchase a new dress or shoes or whatever, but I (honestly) have a ridiculous amount of formal dresses. A friend and I are planning to dress up in them (just for the heck of it) and go out to dinner sometime soon.
3. Re-mixing is something a lot of bloggers are proud of being able to accomplish – are you a re-mixing pro or do you shy away from posting items frequently? Why?
I don’t really call it re-mixing so much as being a normal person. Most people don’t have unlimited clothing items to wear, so they “re-mix” their wardrobe to come up with new outfits. I do tend to shy away from posting the same item too many items in a row though–I tend to get fixated on one item in my closet and re-mix the crap out of it before moving on to something else. I’m trying to avoid doing that, or at least posting those outfits farther apart.
4. Do you have a clothing budget or are you an impulse buyer?
I am a horrible horrible impulse buyer. I tend to shop on a whim and then just purchase something. I usually eye tons of things online, but always end up impulsively spending my money in stores.
5. Do you find yourself bored when reading a blog in which clothing items are often remixed and appear frequently?
No! I love blogs that remix items. If I have similar items in my closet, it always helps to see what they paired their cropped jacket with, so I can figure what to pair mine with!