I was tagged by Salazar of 14 Shades of Grey for the “11 random things” post. So here it goes!
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
Me with a wall in Bellingham (circa 2010). This is likely the most normal “out and about” picture I have. Most of the pictures I take tend to be really hilarious in a crazy way.
11 Random Things:
1. I have never had the chicken pox.
2. I’m obsessed with oral hygiene. I have drawer in my bathroom dedicated to stuff just for my teeth (floss, toothpaste, picks, those tablets that dentists give you, whitening strips, all sort of teeth stuff).
3. I rode horses for 10 years. The first two years were Western, the others were English. I rode in A, B, and C circuit shows in Washington, Oregon, and Canada.
4. One of my front teeth has a chip in it. The dentist has filed it down before, but it always comes back. I’ve given up on making it go away!
5. I wake up at 4AM on the days I have to open at my new job.
6. I absolutely love Greek mythology. I’ve read so much Greek Myth it’s crazy! I’ll also watch (and critique) any movie/tv show/whatever with a Greek Myth theme.
7. I minored in Women’s Studies during college.
8. I purchased my first designer piece when I was 16 on my first trip to Nordstroms. A pair of Michael by Michael Kors shoes.
9. One of my ears is allergic to most metals.
10. When I get bored or feel the urge, I read tarot cards. I own 4 different tarot decks.
11. I always carry a water bottle with me. My car is like a water bottle graveyard! I have about 15 empty ones rattling around in the backseat!
Salazar’s 11 Questions:
1. If you could travel back in time, when/where would you go? Ancient Greece/Rome. I’ve always wanted to go to Greece and see the ruins (someday), I’d love to see them when they weren’t ruins.
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name? I originally had a different name, but I ended up thinking for a couple months before coming up with Literature & Lace–two of my favorite things.
3. Favorite era in fashion? I love the silhouettes of the 50′s. I find them incredibly flattering. Otherwise, I’m disturbingly fond of the 80′s.
4. What was the first movie you saw in the theater? Did you love it, hate it? Erm. I actually have no memory of the first movie I saw in theaters. Whatever it was, I probably liked it though!
5. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse? Screaming? Actually, I’d probably run away very quickly and hide. Or latch onto a group of people who could actually kill zombies, and then if it looked they were about to be overtaken/killed I’d just run off.
6. What is the weirdest thing you ever ate? Did you like it? I tried eel once! It wasn’t awful, but it certainly isn’t something I plan to try again.
7. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter? Harry Potter. Hands down.
8. What have you done that you are most proud of? I suppose earning a college degree? Although I am really proud of myself for sticking to the diet/exercise plan and losing the weight I did in a healthy way.
9. To quote Garden State, is there any normal kid thing you kinda wish you missed? (chicken pox, braces, finding out there’s no Santa? – though if you missed this I would be a bit worried ) I wish I’d missed that really bad haircut thing that it seems every kid goes through. Some of my kid pictures are just awful.
10. Who is your favorite author? Vladmir Nabokov. Lolita is my all time favorite novel, and I’m over 1/2 way through Ada right now.
11. Quick, start your music player of choice (Spotify, Pandora, Window Media Player, iTunes, iPod, Walkman, I don’t care). What is the first song on your playlist? “Domino” by Jessie J.
And because I’m a lazy soul, I won’t be making my own questions or tagging anyone. However, if you’re interested and want to do one of these 11x11x11 things yourself, then I suggest you check out Salazar’s questions and answer them!